[Bf-taskforce25] First wrapping work -- someone want to check this out?

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Jan 1 11:57:41 CET 2009

Hi Roland, Nicholas,

They look good yes, some notes on what can be improved.  Further, you
can just go ahead and commit RNA code, I review it all anyway.

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 13:19 -0500, Roland Hess wrote:
> I've wrapped the bSample struct into the already-begun sound rna. It
> compiles just fine. Someone want to check this out to make sure I'm on
> the right track?
>
> http://www.harkyman.com/tests/sample_rna.patch

* The struct name could be "SoundSample" rather than "Sample".
* Some of the RNA_def_property_*_sdna are not needed, this goes
automatic as long as the names are the same (rate, bits, channels).
* Start the ui description string with a Capital letter and end with a
".".
* Define property ranges, either with PROP_UNSIGNED subtype or
RNA_def_property_range if it needs to be more precise.
* Move "static EnumPropertyItem .." to the top of the function (mixed
declarations and code not allowed in C).
* "Sound Sample Types" should just be called "Type", both to correspond
with the identifier more, and also because it is already known this is
about a Sound Sample.

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 14:41 -0500, Nicholas Bishop wrote:
> Hey all. I've also tried out some rna wrapping. I've attached a patch
> for two of the modifiers for review.

* subdiv_type and "Subsurf Type" should use the same term, and
preferably without abbreviation, i.e. subdivision_type instead of
subdiv_type. Same for control_edges and "Optimal Draw".

Brecht.