[Bf-taskforce25] Bullet 2.73 too soon?

Jim Bates jsbates at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 1 00:37:43 CET 2009

This is probably premature given the current development phase but I thought I'd ask if the latest release of the Bullet Physics lib should be considered for integration.

The main areas of change appear to deal with performance and some improved dev/build platform options but there are some functionality updates as well. See http://bulletphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2862&p=11395 forum post for details.

I'm thinking it isn't just replacing the current files but I haven't investigated the blender implementation yet to know how difficult this might be. Thought I'd ask before heading down that path... besides, it may already be in progress for the base branch. Additionally there may be another release during the 2.5 development cycle and no sense doing it multiple times if there's no immediate benefit.

The impetus for this was simply that I found the reference while perusing blender source files. Just a thought.