[Bf-taskforce25] Dead Keys mapping

Sven von Brand svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Feb 19 21:14:46 CET 2009

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's two levels of event handling in Blender now. We still rely on a
> proper functioning of the Ghost library, to evaluate all input on OS or
> Windowmanager level. That info is passed on to Blender's event
> handling, which already has space reserved to store utf encoded
> characters.
>
> Preventing rawkey hotkeys to be handled is a matter of proper layout of
> the Blender internal "keymaps". Each has its own priority level, so
> when you encounter conflicts it's a mere matter of disabling these keys
> or remapping them.

Maybe some user preferences could be used to allow a better use of the
mapping, as
I have read, there's are a lot of changes for 2.5, and there's the plan
to make hotkey's
customizable, it would be great to add keyboard layout preferences to these.

> There's also a function in our event system that checks events for
> matching a "text input handler", which can be further refined to match
> all cases well.
>
> Needless to say; we'd need help in this area to test and validate it
> all, preferably a very experienced coder. :)

I'll help as much as I can, I am not very experienced, but hopefully I
can help.

--
Sven von Brand
Fedora Ambassador for Chile