[Bf-taskforce25] Operator standardization

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 04:02:50 CET 2009

--- On Sun, 2/1/09, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:

> From: Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-taskforce25] Operator standardization
> To: "The Blender 2.5 TaskForce" <bf-taskforce25 at blender.org>
> Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 9:04 PM
> 2009/2/2 Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>:
> > Reply inline...
> > yesterday, I looked over the props and found for
> percent, 1 used
> > "percentage" others "percent",
> some were floats, most ints. Im not
> > really fussed but Id like to try keep some of these
> variable inputs
> > consistent.
> > I settled on percent, float since a python script may
> want to run an
> > operator like vertex to sphere with a percentage of
> 66.6666. and I
> > dont see any reason to force using ints.
>
> For this probably better would be to adher to 0.0 - 1.0
> convention.
> Then the python script would give 0.666666. This is also
> what Ton
> tried to communicate in IRC the other day.

+1 for this.

Also, two more things:

Bit fields as operator properties, acceptable or use many boolean props?

What's happening with modal operators with hotkeys (transform, knife, loop cut, ...), I've talked about this in the past, but if we want them to be user-modifiable and sort of self documenting, we need keymaps for that too. The question is how to do it.

Martin