[Bf-taskforce25] CollectionProperty not saving properly

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 01:58:18 CEST 2009

There seem to be a bug with how rna collections (it might be limited to py collections) are written to files.

How to use the example file:

- Copy to one of the scripts folder
- Run Blender, the script adds a panel called "TESTING PANEL" in the scene sections
- Press the Refresh button in the new panel
- Select the first entry in the list (the entry text is empty, but it's selectable. This is another unrelated missing feature). This should display some text under the list box
- Do some other stuff (say, moving the cube around a couple of time)
- Undo. If you're lucky, it will only blank the text that was displayed under the list. If you're unlucky, it will crash.
- It does the same thing with saved files, the file will crash on load (when trying to write the first undo step).

>From what I could investigate, the collection contains corrupted data after loading, so I thin we can assume the wrong data is being written (to disk or to the undo buffers).

This is probably a bug for brecht, but I thought I'd throw it in the open, maybe it will interest/warn others.

Martin

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.