[Bf-taskforce25] Fwd: Bf-taskforce25 post from ambroz at list.pl

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Aug 20 16:55:05 CEST 2009

Hi

Already replied to this mail in private, but sending it here as well now
for clarity.

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 16:19 +0200, Andrzej Ambroż wrote:
> --- Sorry I didn't response the request on time, but have been really
>  busy recently and could manage just a fraction of free time to play
>  with anything that isn't related to my job. I just Found the request
>  at the mailing list, so in order to improve myself I'll try to propose
>  sth. as fast as it's possible. Right now I'm on vacations, but it
>  won't take a lot of time anymore (unfortunately).

OK, no problem, there's no hurry at all, please keep enjoying your
vacation :). Just wanted to make sure the mail got through. Missing
icons don't really block anyone from getting things done, just would be
nice to have them for the release in October.

> Whatever happens, those items are on the way:
> 1. Pressure sensitivity for brushes
>  (proposals were made at http://blenderartists.org/forum, fresh ones
>  are waiting on my HDD);
> 2. Island select mode in UV editor (as well as
>  new items for vertex, edge and face selection mode for UV Editor are
>  masterminded);
> 3. UV and vertex color layers - I made proposals
>  already - check out 7-th and 6-th column from the left of the 8-th row
>  from the bottom of blenderbuttons.png (the numbering of rows and
>  columns was lost somehow unluckily) ha! Link:
>  http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1378567&postcount=7 15
> 4. BTW the microprocessor for "auto threads" was made as well some time
>  ago:
>  http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1073879&postcount=3 26

Great, thanks!

> P.S.
> Could You elaborate more on the following items:
> 1. Icon for PR button in the timeline header; (PR = previous?; preview?...)

This switches to different start-end frames from the global ones, the
"preview" start-end frame range, which is used for playback then.

> 2. For datablock browse widgets, separate Delete and Unlink icons.
>  Right now it uses an X for both, but deleting the datablock or just
>  unlinking it from some location are different.

Unlink is for example for a material in the material buttons, there you
deassign the material. It may then get 0 users, but it may also be used
elsewhere still, so it's not really deleting things. However for scenes
in the main header for example, you actually delete the scene
permanently by pressing the X button.

> 3. What's exactly the
>  difference between Copy and Copy to Linked (vertex groups). ---

"Copy" duplicates the vertex group. "Copy to Linked" copies the vertex
groups to all objects sharing the same mesh (the button appears when you
alt+d the default cube for example).

Thanks,
Brecht.