[Bf-taskforce25] Units/Dimensions through RNA

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:55:38 CEST 2009

Sure, it can work for angles, radian/deg but  time too so you can type
in 2hr or 10sec, though Id like to get dimensioning working first then
adding others should be trivial.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/units/
I tried using this unit library but its advanced in ways we don't need
and missing in some we do. Focuses a lot more on translating input
then humanly readably output where you can only give it a base unit
and it gives you back a number.

So Id prefer to do our own (its not that big I deal to write I think)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:59 AM, William Reynish<william at reynish.com> wrote:
> That sounds great. And the ability to mix and match unit types is neat.
>
> Perhaps this could work for degrees too?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -W
>

> On 10 Aug, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>> Recently I was thinking that RNA api could be easily used to display
>> and output units - metric/imperial for buttons defined as distance,
>> time, volume, weight etc.
>> My plan is to get this working for RNA button input/output, and after
>> that maybe use these settings for the view grid and transform numeric
>> input.
>>
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/DimensionRNA
>>
>> --
>> - Campbell