[Bf-taskforce25] Sound branch merge.

neXyon nexyon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:24:53 CEST 2009

Greetings!

I've merged my sound branch into 2.5. I've done this by hand, as I got
errors with svn.

Please check if all plattforms compile and run! Cmake and scons
configuration files should work, make won't work yet.

Also notice that libsamplerate is a dependency now, there are
precompiled libs for windows and mac intel already, linux users will
have to install the development packages of the lib on their distro.

Further information on my wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:NeXyon/Sound
Especially the "Known bugs" section may be interesting.

I'll check mails tomorrow morning, if there's something serious until
then and will be available tomorrow afternoon in IRC.

I hope there are no serious errors and wish a lot of fun with sound in 2.5.

Next step is cleanup, I'll remove the old SoundSystem, the CDActuator
and the bSample structure, as well as some other minor audio related
things that need removal.

Regards,
Jörg