[Bf-taskforce25] Panels, colours and such...

Andrzej Ambroż ambroz at list.pl
Thu Apr 9 12:28:56 CEST 2009

Michael Fox wrote:
> we will be using scroll bars, they are simple and at a glance shows
> there is more buttons and where roughly in buttons you currently are

I didn't emphasize how fast the proposed system is against use of mouse
wheel/scrollbar with long lists of avaliable options/tools (check current
Editing panel in Buttons Window). User have all groups of option/tools
within eyeshot and one-click accesible. I use it with my everyday job
software and it works like charm. Here's a fast preview:
http://www.vimeo.com/4074234
Besides my proposal doesn't exclude use of scrollbars - they're
indispensable for sure for fixed (not collapsible) content.
Anyway after some deeper thought on the idea, I find it would have some
troubles with fixed individual panels, so ability of pinning them isn't the
best option. The point is to have appropriate panels unfolded by default
(most used, user defined?).

Andrzej Ambroż
mob.:   505 495907
e-mail: ambroz at list.pl