[Bf-taskforce25] Widget Colouring Suggestion

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 5 12:49:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is of course a temporary situation. We're experimenting with it. :)

The basic idea remains that widget coloring will be derived from a set
of theme colors you've defined yourself, visualizing widget
functionality or widget types, and matching the overal looks you want.

We will also check smaller and more subtle ways to show animated
variables. We could make the layout engine add space for a small
icon/button, allowing standard input methods to edit it, and visualize
whether the variable has a function curve, is being driven, or
controlled by expression, and allowing a way to make a function curve
editor to show the curve/driver.

One thing is quite cool of the current flashy coloring though; it's
totally clear and obvious for debugging purposes. Might be worth
putting a theme option in Blender that does it, so you can optionally
switch to it on a simple command, and back. :)

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands