[Bf-taskforce25] data api proposal

Michael Fox mfoxdogg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:45:15 CEST 2008

hi all just a few thoughts that are jumping out at me

- all this time i have been thinking we used shorts for bit flags as its
memory efficient, but changing everything to int and floats wont that
make blender's memory usage especially file size become huge as ints use
many bytes same with floats.

- the only limits i have seen has been when you are defining buttons, i
agree there should be a scale of some sort eg, have soft limits like
0.5,1,5,10 etc ect, but how would the user know there is a huge limit or
small limit, i suggest automatically be generated in the tooltips like
documentation as you define the limits when you define the access

- adding  new layer on top of dna would really hamper development if
there is no optional direct access to just quickly hack together
something or you had an idea and just want to add another variable to
the struct, you don't want to define a dozen more functions before you
can even access it or even see it as it will cause alot of mess, but for
a patch to be accepted proper access must be made.

--
Michael Fox <mfoxdogg at gmail.com>