[Bf-taskforce25] data api proposal

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Mon Sep 29 17:31:27 CEST 2008

Everything looks good so far, I agree with Campbell, to really wrap
our heads around this I think we need to go a bit further with the
examples and see whats needed.

One thing on the basic types, multiple choice There are a couple of types of
these, one were you can only select one and one where you can select
many.		Two quick examples would be: osa level   vs
			the bank of render options shadow/sss/pano etc..

The second we could do with making them all seperate but, do we want to
do that or not?

I also wonder if we shouldn't make default types of vert and or a list
of verts.  The only reason I mention this is because they are use pretty
exensively and if we don't have the default types we will have lots of
multiple interfaces in type struct?

There are probably some others that might make sense as well.

Jumping back to default types, in the GUI we have multiple ways of
showing a float(Slider, box with arrows on each end), multiple choice
also has various ways(expandable list, buttons layed out, three way
toggles, Map To in a texture Emit for example...)
For the most part I think they should not be implemented at the
type level but something to be aware of....

Kent