[Bf-taskforce25] operators and context

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Tue Oct 7 19:50:53 CEST 2008

Le 7 oct. 08 à 19:19, Brecht Van Lommel a écrit :

> That the space defines the context was implicit in my assumption,
> should
> have been more clear on that. The question is how does it do that
> exactly. Does it just say to the operator, I'm this space type and
> this
> is my data, you can figure out what to edit based on that. Or does it
> really say this is the material that's being shown, and that menu is
> being executed on this specific property, so that's what you should be
> editing, without the operator having to know about the space.

As I see it, the operator should never have to know which space call it.
It can interpret the datas passed in context. What are those datas is
left to the caller.

But the space controller need to call the right operator when a
command is
executed, so how the command/(operator+context) matching is done is the
key, I think. And I'm unclear on how Kaito's code does it.

Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net