[Bf-taskforce25] data api proposal

lorenzo pierfederici lpierfederici at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:37:34 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org> wrote:

>  From the data API standpoint, I think the general idea is, that in a
> struct you have properties and in addition an 'IPO bag', actions, NLA,
> .. doesn't really matter what exactly, but something that can refer to
> properties and then be executed during depsgraph evaluation to set
> those properties to some value.

mmh, maybe a bit off-topic...

but it would be great if we could have, in this "animation container",
the ability to "animate" a property by connecting it to another
property, so that when the source changes the destination gets
updated.

This could have its own node editor view with nodes sockets
auto-generated from properties, where we could manipulate connections
and use operators like offset, clamp, sum, and all the way up to
constraints and custom python expressions.

I think something like make_connection(), break_connection() could fit
the Data API scope... but I guess it depends on how the animation
system will relate to it.

lorenzo