[Bf-taskforce25] RNA: help wanted!

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sat Nov 29 15:51:47 CET 2008

That was quick, thanks to everyone who's helping out, and great to see
python wrapping already.

I've added some naming conventions and changed the code in svn to use
it. There's two issues that I'm not sure of yet though:

* Material ray mirror or Lamp shadow settings for example aren't being
grouped at the moment, and it's not always clear from the naming that
particular settings are related to these things. How do we solve this
for identifiers and UI names? We can have a fixed prefix like "raymir_"
and "Ray Mirror ", or add property categories of some kind to organize
them. For the UI I can see categories working fine, for C code and
python scripts the question is how you would access them, like
mat.raymir.gloss, or still mat.raymir_gloss?

* Do tooltips end with a "."?

Also, it appears we really need scrolling in the RNA viewer with so many
properties being wrapped :)

Brecht.