[Bf-taskforce25] Feedback needed: mapping tablet, mouse, devices

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Nov 24 10:22:55 CET 2008

Hi,

>>  KM_ACTION_MOUSE
>>  KM_SELECT_MOUSE
>>
>>  And have those translated to left/right mouse based on the user
>> preset.
> I really don't agree with this much. The current method of just
> 'swapping' mouse buttons is really not the best way of doing things
> and makes many things awkward- it was just implemented for simplicity
> at the time, since there was no proper way to customise. Especially in
> the painting modes, things get murky. Ideally it would be great to
> have full customisation over mouse buttons, being able to assign
> different commands to left / right / middle mouse buttons (with or
> without modifiers), and even extra side buttons that are on some mice
> too.

I think you misunderstood; those two event defines are only hints, so
Blender can remap all appropriate handlers with 1 command. You will
still define left/right mouse handlers of course, like for painting.
This way remapping is much simpler, and can become configured
internally, so we can deliver Blender with a single keymap default for
both cases.

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands