[Bf-taskforce25] Getting started...

Jim Bates jsbates at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 31 00:31:16 CET 2008

I've been using blender for a few months now and thought I'd try to help out with the 2.5 rework/update.

I downloaded the source branch a couple days ago (rev 18141 12/28) and tried to do a build using CMake generated projects. After updating several project path entries for missing includes I finally got all the files to compile but am stuck at makesrna linking due to missing externals, such as:

"rna_access.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _rna_IDProperty_doublearray"
"rna_access.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BLENDER_RNA referenced in function _RNA_exit"
"rna_access.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _RNA_Main referenced in function _RNA_main_pointer_create"
"rna_access.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _BLI_dynstr_free referenced in function _RNA_path_append"

Seems I'm missing a library, but after checking all the sites and references I could think of, no sign of any other dependencies for this part of the project.

Last build attempted 12/30/2008 using Rev 18183.

The comments about using SCons as an "out of the box" build solution would be a last resort if that's the preferred solution for the project; I'd like to use CMake if possible. It could be something simple like a path but nothing obvious to me.

My configuration/environment:

HP Pavilion m9150f, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 3GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (11/23/2008) 32-bit, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT.

Microsoft VisualStudio 2005 C++; Version 8.0.50727.867.

Tortoise SVN 1.5.5.14361

Python 2.5 - I have this installed but the project references the blender lib\windows "version" for build)

CMake 2.6

---

Any info on how to proceed is appreciated but if you have all the help you need and this is a distraction I understand and will continue to see if I can work this out on my own.