[Bf-taskforce25] What can I do to help?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:40:27 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM, enigmatic artisan
<enigmaticartisan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello taskforce and blendercoders,
>
> I was talking to Theeth yesterday about what needed done, and he said that I
> should join the 2.5 taskforce mailing list and make an offer to help there,
> so here I am.
>
> I'm fluent in C and C++, have helped find and fix a few bugs, and have had
> one patch accepted with another in the tracker. The areas of Blender code
> that I'm familiar with include the OOPS and the transform system, but I'm
> willing to branch out of course. I can write Python, but still keep a
> reference book at my side while doing so. I'm working under Windows XP,
> building with SCONS/MinGW, and debugging through Eclipse. I have a working
> SVN build of both 2.48 and 2.5.
>
> I'm interested in working on whatever needs doing, though I think it's
> probably best that I don't take on too large of a project to start with.
> Feel free to reply to this list or to chat if you see me in IRC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn Zilbert
> (Enigmath)

RNA access is an easy place to start, if you take an existing module
and add more property access.
You might like to start with Object -
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_object.c

There are a lot of properties that haven't had RNA access given yet,
you could start by wrapping every float,int property then every flag,
then some of the structures, There are enough examples already there.

You could also try write operators, there are enough simple ones to
start with that havnt been done yet.

--
- Campbell