[Bf-taskforce25] RNA Naming convention

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Dec 3 22:01:58 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> How about renaming the attribute (and the button that controls
> it in the interface) to 'planar' and have it reflect the
> opposite of what it currently represents, e.g.,
>
> curve.3d = True  ==> curve.planar = False
> curve.3d = False ==> curve.planar = True

+1 to this, planar makes a lot more sense in any case ("but this flat
curve already is in 3d!").

Rather than talking about whether to write out numerals as text or
adding type identifiers, this is a better first step, to see if the
label is any good as it is in the first place! This is an example of
one of many buttons that have very-much-less-than-clear labels, and
should be looked at as something to clean up in 2.5. I suspect these
sorts of issues will become more apparent too as we get closer to
bringing buttons back.

cheers

Matt