[Bf-taskforce25] Event Handling Bug - WHEELDOWNMOUSE not invoking operators?

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:44:21 CET 2008

Hi Ton,

While working on a few operators for View2D stuff, I noticed that there
seems to be a problem regarding operators which use WHEELDOWNMOUSE as 'key'
(in keymap) which triggers the operator. It seems that the conversions from
ghost to events goes ok (at least the recognition of WHEELDOWNMOUSE works...
I tested that with some debug prints in the relevant place), however, the
event doesn't seem to reach the operators which use it.

The WHEELUPMOUSE events seem to get handled normally/quite well though.
Also, it doesn't look like in error in the operator code I wrote. It is also
quite unlikely that the event is getting picked up by UI-code, given that
the mouse was nowhere near any buttons during the tests.

BTW, to test this, try some of the view manipulation methods in Timeline.

Regards,
Joshua