[Bf-scripts-dev] Panel in custom space, REGION_WINDOW

Julien Bodart julien.bodart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:49:57 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

Not sure this is the right mailing list, but here is my problem.

I have been trying to add a new custom space in Blender for a small
external applications. I have followed

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Tutorials/AddAnEditor

to patch blender and could get my new space working.

Through new startup scripts, I could easily build new menu items in the
header and add new panels in REGION_UI. Somehow I cannot add new panels in
REGION_WINDOW through python scripting.
I'd like to do similar to space_logic with buttons, complemented with a UI
region
I guess I am missing something here, maybe on the blender philosophy itself.

Let's start then with the question: is there an easy way to build new
panels/buttons in REGION_WINDOW through Python scripting, after having set
up a new space like indicated in the link previously mentionned?

Thanks for your time!

Julien