[Bf-scripts-dev] Script to include: multiblend

Sybren Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed May 10 19:40:41 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I've created a script called Multiblend. It's a relatively simple
Python script that allows the user to distribute Blender rendering
across different computers. It works for animations only, as computers
always render entire frames. It's quite easy: every computer gets a
chunk of frames, and when its done with the chunk, it gets another.
Files are transfered via SSH/SCP.

For more info and the script itself, see
http://www.stuvel.eu/multiblend. I've just released version 1.2 today.

Hopefully, the script is good enough to be included with the next
Blender release.

Oh, what I forgot to mention: it's a standalone script, that executes
Blender when needed. It doesn't run from Blender itself. It might, but
I haven't tested that, nor have I designed it for that. If that is
something that would be a great benefit for the script, I'll try it,
but I had some issues getting multithreading to work inside Blender.

Let me know what you think of it!

Greetings,
--
Sybren Stüvel

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."
-- Albert Einstein