[Bf-scripts-dev] (no subject)

Fritz Mielert fritz.mielert at napshell.com
Wed Jul 26 13:31:51 CEST 2006

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I'm writing a little script using VTKBlender to visualize simulation data within Blender interactively.
Thus I want to go on with adjusting the visualization parameters later in a new Blender session, I
need to save some parameters.

I thought of something like this:

1. myScript => current scene => onLoad(loadMyScript)
2. myScript => new text window => write loadMyScript function
3. myScript => new text window => write myVars

4. onLoad => loadMyScript  => opens script window => run myScript
5. myScript => check wether text window with myVars exists => load myVars

Isn't there something simpler? Just a dump of all Python vars while saving the Blender file and remember the open script?
If not, how is it possible to open & access the text window?

Until now, I've got an extra xml config file. But that's not that useful.

thanx

fritz