[Bf-scripts-dev] New BlenderLipSynchro Relesae for 2.42

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Jul 7 14:20:17 CEST 2006

Hi Dienben :),

foucque benoit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I post the script in the bf-commiters too because the script mailing
> list seems to be unfunctionnal. Sorry for people not intersting in
> scripting.

The scripts-dev list is working (at least I received this), it's just
pretty silent nowadays. Work, work...

> I am the happy father of a young boy! He's 3 months old now and he the
> reason why i didn't send anything for 3 months.

Hey, congratulations, great to know that.

> Today, i release the new version (2.0) of blenderlipsynchro, the very
> usefull (i thing :-) ) script for lipsynchronisation.

Already downloaded and testing, very nice work, so simple to use :).

> I release a set of non regression tests file too.
>
> I've some questions:
>
> Where should i write the documentation of the script (in another place
> that my blog)? should i use the blender documentation wiki?

An ideal solution will be to use the wiki, yes, we just didn't set it up
yet. If we set up a template so that all script docs have the same
layout we can have docs that look like a book on script usage :).
Starting with your script might be a good idea, indeed.

But for now, I'd suggest to add more info to the bpydoc string in the
script itself. In the future it should basically have the same info
(minus nicer layout and pics) of the wiki pages.

About the test suit, not sure now. It might be part of Blender's test
suit, what do you think?

For that it'd be good if the lipsync data file could also be loaded from
a Blender Text, so that we could store the data file in the .blend. I
mean: besides the "choose file" button, you could have another to load
from a Blender text, using the Text module. Should be easy to add --
don't worry, doesn't need to be for this release, of course.

--
Willian