[Bf-scripts-dev] mirror vert groups

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 26 07:54:01 CEST 2004

Tom Musgrove wrote:

> Here is a quickie script I wrote, if it is something that would be
> generally useful I can make it a bit more robust.
>
> It requires the MHsymmetry.py from the Makehuman.blend to work.
>
> It takes a mesh where the right side of the mesh has had the vert
> groups assigned and assigns the corresponding verts on the opposite
> side to similar groups based on name.
>

> Thus if you have RLeg group, then it will create LLeg group with the
> same weights for the corresponing verts.
> Tom M.
> LetterRip

Cool!  Now that I've got my morpher tool to make facial animations I
might just end up using it!

joeedh
P.S.: I feel so proud of myself!  I made a python script that a) works
on a per-object basis with gui updates done automatically, b) saves data
automatically with onSave scriptlink, and finaaallly--c) let's you
define morph targets for a mesh and blend them together, for use in
animations!!!  It's like a version of MakeHuman geared more for making
animations then new meshes.  Makes facial animations really easy!  Hm.
Well, I know that relative vertex keys are the same thing, but this has
sliders.  Ehhh. . . don't ask.

P.P.S: I'll have to post a .blend here in a few days. . .