[Bf-scripts-dev] SPE script

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 23:10:13 CET 2004

Good news! SPE (http://spe.pycs.net) has now also been
ported to the Mac Os X platform from release 0.6.0.  A
lot of users asked to be able to register SPE in the
script menu. I wrote a script for that. However SPE is
too big to distribute standard with Blender and has a
more frequent release schedule.
Therefore I would like to propose that only a tiny
script, which I wrote already, is included in the
standard Blender distribution which launches SPE if
installed and otherwise display a nice dialog box
saying that SPE should be installed first with some
info where to get, download and install. SPE is now
becoming a mature product that I specially designed
for Blender, so it would be a pitty if it would be
invisible.
Any reactions?
Stani

PS For the python scripters who don't know yet SPE:
Spe is a python IDE with auto-indentation, auto
completion, call tips, syntax coloring, syntax
highlighting, class explorer, source index, auto todo
list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell, python
file browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context
help, ... Special is its blender support with a
blender 3d object browser and its ability to run
interactively inside blender. Spe ships with wxGlade
(gui designer), PyChecker (source code doctor) and
Kiki (regular expression console). Spe is extensible
with wxGlade.