[Bf-python] Blender 2.8.2 : VFX reference platform - Python 3.7.4 and built-in venv module

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 03:39:21 CET 2020

Hi,

  I am evaluating Blender for pipeline integration.

  It is great to hear that Blender is leaning towards VFX reference
platform compatibility.

  The standard Python 3.7.4 from Python.org comes with the "venv" module, I
noticed that the "venv" module is not found in the Python shipped with
Blender 2.8.2

  I know I can pip install virtualenv but was wondering why the supplied
"venv" module was not included.

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - Arnold, Alembic, RenderMan, OpenGL, HDF5