[Bf-python] Got X3D import fixes

Alekseyev, Vsevolod (NIH/NIAID) [E] VAlekseyev at niaid.nih.gov
Fri May 15 21:55:33 CEST 2015

Okay, here goes.

The file is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4glqreiftuvyx7y/import_x3d.py?dl=0

It's called import_x3d.py , and it should go into C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\%VERSION%\scripts\addons\io_scene_x3d (on Windows) or into /usr/local/blender-$VERSION/$VERSION /scripts/addons/io_scene_x3d (on Linux). Before replacing the file, *PLEASE SAVE THE ORIGINAL*.

I've been going by the standard as outlined here: http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/index.html . When not sure, I'd compare to a reference implementation, X3DOM ( http://www.x3dom.org/ ). In some cases, even that wasn't sufficient.

It supports:
 - all geometry nodes from Rendering
 - all geometry nodes from Geometry3D
 - ImageTexture (including primitives)
 - TextureTransform (needs careful testing)
 - all lamp nodes from Lighting
 - Viewpoint

Bugs and omissions are entirely possible.