[Bf-python] Adding removed python modules for a test.

Jorge Pareja japreja at msn.com
Tue Jan 20 23:29:19 CET 2015

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:01:16PM -0500, Jorge Pareja wrote:
>> I am interested in adding the removed python modules back in,
>> atleast localy on my system. My local, default, install of Python
>> is 2.7.9 and I cant upgrade just yet, it is currently required by
>> other software I need to use.
>>
>> What is the best way to get the full Python 3.4 release with all
>> default packages, aside from installing it on my system which would
>> break my 2.7.9 version, into Blender 2.73?
>
> You can install different versions of Python next to each other,
> without breaking anything. You can have Python 2.7 in C:\Python27 and
> Python 3.4 in C:\Python34. As a matter of fact, the installers already
> do this, so you have to actively change things to mess up.
>
>> So I am assuming I will need to build something from sources which I
>> have already downloaded both Blender and Python sources. Another
>> question is... Do I have to use Python 3.4.0 or can I use 3.4.2?
>
> You don't have to get the Blender sources in order to just install
> some Python packages. Just install them as normal for your system,
> then copy them into Blender's own Python directory.
>
> It probably won't matter whether you install 3.4.0 or 3.4.2, but if
> you want to be 100% sure, pick the one that's used by the version of
> Blender you're using.
>
> --
> Sybren A. St?vel

I have tried everything recomended since I first posted, I am still getting
an error stating:

    ImportError: No module named '_winreg'

When I run:

    blender.exe -P 2.73\python\lib\get_pip.py

to install PIP which don't seem to fix by just copying the lib from Python
3.4 to Blender\2.73\python .

This must be in the C code of Python or Blender internals.  I need the
code back so I can install the packages I need.  Just copying packages is
not working for me, and others on various blender forums.  Something
broke between Blender 2.6?? builds when some python packages were
removed from blender sources to save space, it most likely went
unreported by the community.

all help is greatly appreciated, a src PATCH I can apply would be brilliant.
I know patches are made with diff but I have never used diff.  Can someone
run diff with origional python src and blenders python src to help me sort
this out?  I realy need the python install systems to function in blender.  Why
was it removed anyway?

BTW, I am running Win7 32-Bit, and have MinGW w/msys that has patch
v2.6.1.  I have current blender and python sources.  I have compiled Blender
successfuly without modifying anything in Visual Studio 2013 Express, so
Blender compiles fine using 32-bit.

Also, I am not too sure how to properly reply to my thread so this may post
as a new thread.

While I wait for a reply from this list I will search the sources of both blender
and python for the "_winreg".  If someone can try to install pip in blender on
non-Windows systems to see if there is this type of error on other systems
maybe we can "kill two birds with one stone".   I am following the instructions
at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html

Thanks again,
Jorge