[Bf-python] Accessing objects for render operation

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:28:03 CEST 2014

Thanks.

One other thing, please. I need to access the final results of the texture
stack. For example, a texture for the model's color (the result of blending
all the textures that influence color), another for normals, another for
specular, etc.

bpy.types.Texture.evaluate() sounds like it could be useful but it doesn't
take any arguments that could specify which channel to return eg. color,
normal, alpha or spec

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Tom Edwards <contact at steamreview.org>
wrote:

>  You want Object.to_mesh(). It returns a mesh datablock with all modifiers
> etc. applied and works on all object types except empties.
>

> On 21/10/2014 7:52 PM, Khalifa Lame wrote:
>
> Exporting the mesh might not be an option in my situation. I'd like my
> renderer to be able to draw on the viewport in real time. Exporting and
> then reading back the data would be too slow for this.
> The renderer is being designed to make use of the bgl module, so all of
> its work is done within the blender application.
>
>  I can't find any good example that seems to fit my approach. cycles
> doesn't depend on the python API; luxrender and co use exporters, since
> they don't have any real time features.
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Jeremy Bayley <jbayleyvisuals at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you are trying to get you assets without exporting it might not be
>> possible to do in a simple way. For example if you have modifiers on an
>> object and you try to link that object to another project the modifiers are
>> ignored. So if you don't use export you will probably have the same issue
>> trying to send data to an external render without doing system level coding.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Khalifa Lame <khalibloo at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  How does one retrieve the final (with all modifiers applied)
>>> vertex/face information from objects in a blender scene? I wish feed the
>>> info into an external renderer.
>>>
>>>  It would also be nice if it worked with curves/nurbs/meta and so on.
>>>
>>>  --
>>> khalibloo®

>  --
> khalibloo®