[Bf-python] Trouble building python module

Pulkit Agrawal pulkitagrawal.mail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:50:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to build blender as a python module. The make works and
binaries are created but when I use make install, I get an error. I am not
sure if this mailing list is appropriate for this. If not, please guide me
to the appropriate forum which may help me resolve the issue.

The error message is:

*CMake Error at source/creator/cmake_install.cmake:480 (FILE):  file
INSTALL cannot find

 "blender/build3/bin/blender.1".Call Stack (most recent call first):

                          cmake_install.cmake:40 (INCLUDE)

       make: *** [install] Error 1       -- *

The configuration I am using is:
1. OS: Ubuntu 14.04
2. Build using CMAKE
3. I downloaded the git repo with commit number:
fa7e4c853e07cfc6bd898c85cd0aa3119f97aa8

The CMake options I used were:

*cmake \  -D CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1
-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions" \  -D WITH_CYCLES_OSL=OFF \  -D WITH_LLVM=OFF \
-D WITH_CODEC_FFMPEG=ON \  -D
FFMPEG_LIBRARIES='avformat;avcodec;avutil;avdevice;swscale;rt;theoradec;theoraenc;theora;vorbis;vorbisfile;vorbisenc;ogg;x264;openjpeg'
\  -D WITH_PYTHON_INSTALL=OFF \  -D WITH_PLAYER=OFF \  -D
WITH_PYTHON_MODULE=ON ..*

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pulkit

'Knowledge takes you from A to B, Imagination takes you everywhere'