[Bf-python] Blender and UE4 compatibility

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 07:03:19 CEST 2014

Hi Josh,

Discussion about this is happening on bf-gamedev mailing list.

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-gamedev/2014-May/000239.html

Just to note we have 2 developers working on this (part time),

Bastien Montagne - updating FBX support.
Mitchell Stokes - joined us recently to help testing troubleshooting
different engines (including Epic's engine)

So check nightly builds which include the updated exporter and report
any bugs you find in our tracker.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Josh Beresford
<fringatoonstudios at gmail.com> wrote:
> To all the Python scripters and Graphics lovers out there, I would like to
> bring your attention to the latest innovation of the next generation of Game
> development.
> Recently Epic released their Unreal Engine 4 for the world to
> use(https://www.unrealengine.com/), This innovation was outstanding and has
> sparked hundreds if not thousands of kids to start building there own
> computer games and release them.
> However Software like 3DS and Maya max are currently the only Software that
> are able to stably create content for it.
>
> I Put to all of you amazing, interesting and gifted people to build a
> solution to solve this problem.
>
> Blenders current .FBX export option is in desperate need for updating, As
> well as falling behind in terms of PhysX development (Available as a free to
> use SDK via (http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_downloads.html) Meaning
> Integration shouldn't be impossible.
>
> Lets not let blender be another option for the next Generation of game
> engines, Lets make blender the Only option.

- Campbell