[Bf-python] Extracting cloth vertices position

fmart fmart at iri.upc.edu
Wed Mar 19 09:46:01 CET 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help, it was very helpful.

2014-03-14 14:57, Bastien Montagne escrigué:

> Hi,
>
> Yep, this way
you'll only get org data, before any modifier is applied… Since cloth's
pointcache data do not seem to be available from Python, the only thing
you can do to get cloth cos of vertices is to applies all modifiers,
like this e.g.:

> # Generate temp mesh from object, with modifiers
applied.
> tmp_me = obj.to_mesh(_scene_, True, '_RENDER___')
>
> # Use
data from tmp_me...

> # And then free it!

bpy.data.meshes.remove(tmp_me)

> On 14/03/2014 13:49, fmart wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to obtain all vertices global position of a
piece of cloth
>> after colliding with a table. My simulation starts
with a plane as a
>> piece of cloth and another plane below as a table
with the Collision
>> modifier.
>>
>> To obtain all the data I need
I'm using the following code (I've the
>> cloth selected):

import bpy
>> current_obj = bpy.context.active_object
>> print("="*40) #
printing marker
>> for face in current_obj.data.polygons:

verts_in_face = face.vertices[:]
>> print("face index", face.index)

print("normal", face.normal)
>> for vert in verts_in_face:

local_point = current_obj.data.vertices[vert].co
>> world_point =
current_obj.matrix_world * local_point
>> print("vert", vert, " vert
co", world_point)

>> The simulation works well, I think the code
also works well. However,
>> all that I obtain are vertices global
position of the cloth in the
>> initial position, it doesn't matter