[Bf-python] Start contributing

W. Nelson indigitalspace at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 20:39:47 CEST 2013

Did you look at the addon bug tracker at the link below?
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=469&group_id=153&func=browse

You can find the link also from the http://projects.blender.org landing page.
It's labeled "Blender 2.6 Add-On Bug tracker"

You can submit patches for review in the comment section of the bug.
Typically the author of the addon maintains it.  So uploading a patch for their review seems like it would be helpful.

Then posting on this list that you have suggested a patch will hopefully get it some attention by the developer or a core dev may help apply the patch.

Also you might try going through the Python templates included in the internal Text Editor.  Sometimes those get buggered by changes in the C code and need fixing.  A new release is coming out very soon.  A quick run through the templates of the release candidate download might be helpful.  http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-269/

Thanks for your interest.

JT