[Bf-python] blender python script error

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 7 17:44:08 CET 2013

Hi, I'm new to this here blender thingie.  I was trying some code out to import a few meshes from a science run, and am getting an error I cannot get past.  I was going to import the timesteps as separate meshes, then set keyframes on visibility for each mesh at different timesteps in order to "animate" them.  Per http://blenderscripting.blogspot.de/2011/07/scripted-keyframing-of-hide-hide-render.html

I am getting the following error:

>>> bpy.ops.anim.change_frame(frame = 5)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<blender_console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Volumes/MacProHD/cook47-stuff/Programs/graphics/Blender/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.68/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 188, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.anim.change_frame.poll() Expected an timeline/animation area to be active

I do have a timeline visible in the GUI.  I'm not sure what blender is trying to tell me.

I'm probably going to change approaches and just load one mesh at a time, set up the scene, render, and move to the next, etc.  However, my technical curiosity has the best of me here.  I'd like to understand why I cannot set a timestep here.

Thanks!

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory