[Bf-python] finding correct operator poll context

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Fri Jun 14 23:09:25 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 23:24 +0300, Dima Glibitsky wrote:
> As far as I know, there's no other way than to look at the operator's
> source code...
In the case of the python operators, I can find the code, but what about
the C code? are operators all together in one file, or scattered in
various modules?
> Though maybe some operators have the requirements
> explained in their poll()'s docstring?
I think some might, but as a rule they don't. It's often possible to
figure it out (i.e. if you need an active object, or mode, or the right
space), but sometimes not (for instance, in what context should quit()
refuse to quit?)