[Bf-python] Getting fcurve data from parented object

Asbjørn lordcrc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:55:55 CET 2013

On 27.01.2013 17:45, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> One issue I see here is that Blender basically assume subframe to be
> in range [0,1[ but doesn't enforce this. I've fixed this in svn now,
> so that it will work with this script.

Alright, the docs did specify "float in [0, 1]" so I assumed it was
cool. Thanks for fixing this.

> The other issue is the way the driver is set up here. It's driving the
> value with scene.frame_current which is an integer and does not take
> subframes into account. There is a built in variable "frame" for
> drivers that can be used instead of the custom "var" here to get
> proper subframe motion.

Ok, I guessed the issue was related to integers. I'll pass this on, thanks.

> Further, frame_set() is an expensive call, you should not be doing
> this per object, but rather do it once and then get the animation for
> all objects.

I figured it was expensive, however I'm not really intimate with
luxblend25, so I'll have to take some time to figure out how to refactor it.

Cheers
- Asbjørn