[Bf-python] Getting fcurve data from parented object

Asbjørn lordcrc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 00:54:49 CET 2013

On 24.01.2013 01:25, Campbell Barton wrote:
> I wouldn't suggest to attempt to calculate the objects transformation
> directly because there are too many influences: constraints, drivers,
> vertex parents, bone parents... etc. which can all be animated.

Hi again,

seems there's some issue when an object has a motion path, and the
motion path has a driver on the "evaluation time", and the object has no
keyframes. Then the transformation matrices are not updated it seems. If
the object has a keyframe, we get the correct result.

Here's a small blend file with the setup
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/19064

Is this a blender limitation? Or are we doing it wrong[1]? :)

[1]:
http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend25/file/5eed3263787e/src/luxrender/export/__init__.py#l274

Cheers
- Asbjrøn