[Bf-python] Support listing of multiple versions of the same addon

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Wed Feb 27 00:20:37 CET 2013

Hi Jason,
You raise an important point.  On bf-committers I stated an assumption that
this would not be supported.  But I don't think it necessarily needs to be
enforced.

The bottom line is that addon writers can enable or break different levels
of co-existence between multiple versions of their addon.  A clever addon
writer could in fact make it possible to enable multiple versions of their
addon simultaneously.  And, conversely, I imagine an addon writer could
write their addon in such a way that enabling even just one version breaks
when multiple versions are installed.

My intent is simply for this to be supported in Blender, and then it's up
to addon writers to write their addons in a way that is friendly to this.

--Nathan