[Bf-python] Third party modules in Blender

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 17 18:24:08 CET 2013

Hi devs,

My problem is rather simple: I want to use enchant module from within
Blender! :)

Now, currently we only copy "core" modules into blender's own python. We
only have one exception for numpy, with a whole set of custom install
directives for that.

I wonder whether it would be possible to add system's python path to
Blender's one (as e.g. a build option)? Or add enchant into copied
modules (I guess we do not want that :p )? Or should I just rely on a
ugly hack, like adding another setting to my code, containing the path
to my /usr/lib/python3/dist-package dir?

With kind regards,
Bastien