[Bf-python] Fastest way for RenderEngine to return combined rgba + z

Asbjørn lordcrc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 22:29:07 CET 2013

On 01.02.2013 19:25, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> I think currently loading from disk is still the quickest method,
> especially as on a modern OS the contents of that file is cached in
> memory on doesn't actually have to be read from the physical disk
> usually.

True, however you risk polluting the temp directory with orphaned files,
would be neater to go directly :)

> There is already a trick that you can use, it didn't work entirely
> before but I just committed a fix for that. Basically you use the
> foreach_set method which accepts a buffer object:
> http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_65_9/bpy.types.bpy_prop_collection.html?highlight=foreach_get#bpy.types.bpy_prop_collection.foreach_set

This looks very interesting indeed. Which revision will I need for this
to work?

Thanks for the help and example!

PS: there's a typo in the API example you linked to above, the seq and
attr parameters seems to be switched in the collection.foreach_set call.

Cheers again
- Asbjørn