[Bf-python] uiTemplateList

Aurel W. aurel.w at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:05:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am currently doing a script which needs to display a lot of
information in the GUI, something which works rather bad with panels.
I guess for many more complicated scripts etc. a separate window which
integrates in the tiling of the blender gui or a floating window would
be necessary.

I don't know if this is possible at the moment, the only thing which I
have seen is the cell fracture dialog. Unfortunately such a window
can't  be moved around and has to be closed before and other ui is
used. Another problem, I want to use a uiTemplateList in such a window
(sind that list won't fit in the panel), but I get this error:

"uiTemplateList: Only works inside a panel"

Would it be possible to make this work in all windows and to improve
the way how scripts can define there own regions/editor types/floating
windows (like user preferences)?

aurel