[Bf-python] Contrib Addon Review: io_mesh_xyz

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 02:38:39 CET 2012

Being import/exporter this addon can be included in blender just to
support the format, but it does some things differently to most other
IO scripts.

Enabling the addon, adds a panel in the toolbar, under the "Operator" panel.
Addons currenly don't have a good place to store preferences, but
think this isnt a good way to work around it.

This panel has settings for loading frames, I think these should be in
the importer panel.

So I'd rather have this panel removed, settings moved into import or export.
any settings that you may want to re-use can be stored as operator presets.

This script needs a code-review too, some of the things it does are a
bit unconventional for blender/python scripts.

--
- Campbell