[Bf-python] GDML in Blender

Matthew Reid mattreid99 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:11:48 CET 2012

To those interested,

     I recently wrote an export feature for blender using the python
interface. This tool allows one to output a tessellated geometry (of
either triangular or quadrangular facets) created in Blender to a file
format known as gdml. Gdml is a xml schema used by Geant 4, which is a
standard programme used in the high energy particle physics for
simulated propagation of particles through material. I would like to
upload this feature to Blender, could someone please advise me how to do
this? Should I post my code on the mailing list and allow it to be
tested further? It is somewhat similar to previous ie the exporting to
an stl file.

Many thanks

Matthew Reid