[Bf-python] 32/64-bit binary Python add-ons

Thomas Krijnen t.krijnen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:18:24 CET 2012

Hi,

Currently python add-ons are installed in subfolder, say ./2.65/, of the
user's home directory. No differentiation is made for 32- and 64 bits
versions of Blender, which I guess is absolutely fine for the vast majority
of add-ons. But some add-ons might depend on native modules that are
compiled for a specific architecture, these add-ons will break if a user
installed both the 32 bits and 64 bits version of Blender. I know native
add-ons are not of importance for most users, but are there any plans to
work around this limitation? I am working on a native importer add-on
myself for the IFC file format, for reference see:
http://ifcopenshell.org/ifcblender.html Thanks

Best,
Thomas
IfcOpenShell.org