[Bf-python] importing uvs into Blender 2.62.3

Paul Coones paulcoones at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 00:15:38 CEST 2012

That example of object operator definitions has been around for a long time and I'm not having any trouble with that. In fact my implementation works great. I have been successful in importing all the vertices, faces and creating a mesh. The trouble I'm having deals with the texturing of the mesh with the vertice uv's from the imported file. The .ply importer uses binary file format and I do not wish to do that as my import file is a text file. I have textured my mesh by hand, but it's slow and python could do it so much faster. My import file also has normals, but no one is using them anymore? When I get around to the export script, I have to come up with normals from Blender to add to the export format.

Paul Coones
paulcoones at comcast.net