[Bf-python] update list

Yuniel Castro González ycastrog at estudiantes.uci.cu
Wed May 18 05:12:52 CEST 2011

Hello to all.
I am programming a script, at one point I need to update a list that contains a group of objects, that is, I run:

def find(list, element):          //// find object in list return True, else return False
    bool = True
    for i in list:
        if i.name == element.name:
            bool = False
    return bool

def update_list():        //// if element of list_of_objects isn't in temp, delete this element
    bpy.context.scene.update()
    temp = bpy.context.scene.objects

    for i in list_of_objects:
        a = find(temp, i)
        if a:
            list_of_objects.remove(i)

in short, I want to leave my only objects that are still on the scene, but but I get this error:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 i position 0: invalid continuation byte

what happens???

Thanks in advance.

--

Yuniel