[Bf-python] Creating a simple mesh (b2.55) - Nicer methods than from_pydata?

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Thu Jan 6 19:59:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 07:25:18PM +0100, Philip Gillißen wrote:

> My problem is that the creation of geometry is not as easy as I hoped.
> I found the method bpy.types.Mesh.from_pydata [1] but unfortunately,
> it's very complicated to use. Furthermore, it has an devastating
> sentence in its description:
> > Until we have a nicer way to make geometry, use this.

Heh.  Is that what qualifies as 'devastating' these days?
It used to mean disasters like giant rubber monsters stomping
on Tokyo.

> Can anyone help me find "a nicer way" to create geometry?

The mesh data structure is essentially a list of vertices and
lists of which verts make the edges and faces.

Perhaps you could explain exactly what you mean by 'a nicer way'?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net