[Bf-python] DXF exporter in 2.5*

migius at gmx.net migius at gmx.net
Thu Aug 25 18:32:44 CEST 2011

> > /BTW, I am not very impressed by usability of UI system in 2.5x - one
> can not create a neatly arranged compact panel with bigger list of options.
> New paradigm is "scrolling, scrolling, scrolling" /
> >
> Hi Migius, Quick point about the usability & scrolling, agree its a
> problem
>
> Py operators can define their own draw functions, See "OBJ Import"
> which has its own draw compared to "OBJ Export" which uses the default
> layout, when you make you're own draw you can layout buttons together
> more logically/tightly.
>
> Also, I think default button spacing is too big at the moment, see:
>
> See:
> - http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/blender_style_big.png
> -
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?227686-Edit-button-spacing-%28hidden-theme-setting%29&p=1922575#post1922575

great, it looks much better!

I strongly suppose, with python driven UI layout like in 2.5x, it should be possible to create many variants easily. I was/am a bit disappointed there are no initiatives to make something different to official layout yet.

I will go in depth with 2.60, hope to find there all missing functionality to migrate with my projects.

migius