[Bf-python] BlenderPython Sunday Meeting Report

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 20:01:16 CEST 2011

Hey Bartius,

On 08/17/2011 02:11 PM, bartius crouch wrote:

>> - Proposal to add a "Under Maintenance" flag for scripts that break
>> due to API changes. Avoids unnecessary moving out of trunk while
>> visually communicating the broken status by graying them out or
>> changing color in the addons list
>>

> I've added a proposal, including a patch, at the wiki:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Crouch/Maintenance_Flag
> Feedback is welcomed.

If I got it right, we want to show also those addons that won't load,
because those those wouldn't be able to show a warning message.

If so, why don't we modify the warning flag to behave like your
suggested "maintenance" flags, so that it acts as a warning flag if the
script load and as a so-called "maintenance" in cae it won't load?

Do we prefer to explicitly have 2 very similar flags like that?

Also, what happens if a script has an own warning field set not empty
and also we want to temporarily flag the script as in maintenance? Users
will see 2 "errors" eventually?

I think it'd be best not pollute the addons panel too much :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Luca